Tuesday 28 August 2018

Day 146: Track

Dinner Menu:
  • Salade verte
  • Flan aux courgettes
  • Pêche au yaourt
  • Carré de chocolat noir
  • Badoit
For her birthday one of Fianna's friends gave her a fitbit tracker.  This is a small rubber bracelet which constantly monitors your activity. During the day it counts your steps, monitors your heart beat, your distance walked and your calories. At night it monitors your sleep and periods of wakefulness or unrest and it can wake you up at just the right time in your sleep cycle.  So now every morning I get a full report on my wife's night time activity (excluding any that I may have participated in).  Although in a previous blog I advocated tracking as a first step to improving things, I'm not sure that this is true of our sleep.  It seems to me that the information being produced is just something to worry about rather than a means to act.  If my wristband tells me that I slept 7h32m56s  and during that time I woke up 3 times and had 32m8s of restless sleep what am I supposed to do with that information? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...