Monday 20 August 2018

Day 138: Fianna

Although I am writing this on the evening of the 20th, I know that most of you and most importantly Fianna will be reading this on the 21st so Happy Birthday Fianna!!!

In my blog I try to focus on issues and ideas rather than personal feelings and life events, however I make occasional exceptions and this is going to be one of them.  Spoiler Alert: If you are uncomfortable with romance and emotions you better skip today's blog.

I cannot believe how lucky I am to have been conjured up by Fianna as her soulmate (I told you this would get schmaltzy).  I could probably do a whole year's worth of blogs on the reasons why I love her but I will limit myself to 5:
  1. Her smile and capacity for happiness go straight to my heart
  2. She gives meaning (and structure) to my life 
  3. Her emotional generosity knows no bounds
  4. She loves me for who I am even though I know I can be difficult some times 
  5. She makes it easy for me to hold our marriage vows
And as a bonus she is 20 years older than she looks.

I wish I could have been with her today on her special day but I also know that she will have a great time with Theo & Eliot (and her friend Tiia), even if she may miss me a little.  

1 comment:

  1. And this is one of the many reasons I love you...not many 56 year old men can express their (romantic) emotions publicly 😘

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...