Wednesday 22 August 2018

Day 140: Clutter 2

Dinner Menu (thank you Francis):
  • Carpaccio de coeur d'artichauts au parmesan
  • Tartare de thon et pommes frites
  • Eau pétillante
  • Thé à la menthe
  • Carré de chocolat noir 85%
Following yesterday's blog thanks go to my sister and my wife for offering me advice and assistance in sorting through and disposing of my surplus clothing.  However before I embark on this task  I have decided to approach this scientifically.

First some assumptions:

Assumption 1: The laundry gets done (by magic - thank you Fianna) once a week
Assumption 2: I do not need more then two weeks worth of any item
Assumption 3: I do wear slightly different clothes in winter and in summer

On this basis and starting from the bottom up, here is my initial list of necessary items:

  • 3 pairs of dress shoes
  • 2 pairs of casual shoes
  • 1 pair of walking shoes
  • 1 pair of tennis shoes
  • 1 pair of flipflops (for LA)
  • 2 pairs of summer casual shoes
  • 14 pairs of socks
  • 7 pairs of summer/tennis socks
  • 2 pair of Jeans
  • 2 pair of summer trousers
  • 4 pair of formal trousers
  • 5 pair of shorts
  • 14 pair of boxer shorts
  • 2 pair of swimming trunks
  • 2 belts
  • 4 T-shirts
  • 7 polo shirts
  • 10 dress shirts
  • 4 cardigans/sweaters
  • 2 sweat shirts and pants
  • 2 business suits
  • 2 summer jackets and 2 winter jackets
  • 1 winter coat
  • 1 spring/autumn coat/jacket 
  • 3 scarfs
I think that covers all eventualities (I've left out specific clothing such as for skiing)

I will start the confrontation process (theory to reality) this weekend so any comments or suggestions should be made before Saturday morning 9 AM.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that idea, I’m try to adopt that configuration myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next step would be a shared clothing app?

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...