Saturday 18 August 2018

Day 136: Rockport

We spent the day in Rockport which is on the coast 1 hour away from Boston.  I have been to Boston before but never in the New England countryside.  In the morning we went to a beach and had a swim in the slightly colder water of the East coast.  In the afternoon we had a pleasant walk along the coast despite a slight drizzle.  Walking around this fisherman's village confirmed to me that I would like to have a house by the sea again someday.  I don't know where, although I think I prefer the more rugged and wild coasts of the North Atlantic. Then again I would like to be able to go for a morning swim all year round (not in a pool!).

I'm very grateful to Fianna's  friends, a Franco-Indian couple living in the Boston, for having given us the opportunity of experiencing a quite different part of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...