Sunday 19 August 2018

Day 137: Transition

Tomorrow evening I'm flying back to Paris after 18 days holiday.  This year I  really needed to disconnect so I did not do any work during the whole time.  Although its been great to be switched off, I'm now worried that the return will be a bit of a shock, especially since I will have to go to a client meeting as soon as I arrive in Paris.  I think I should have allowed myself more of a transition. It would be a good idea to have a decompression day whenever you come back from a long holiday work.  The decompression day would mean that your first day at work you would limit yourself to reading e-mails and attending meetings.  You would be expected to be only in reception mode rather than having to actually contribute anything.  Come to think of it, I believe a weekly "reception day" would probably benefit everyone.  If there was one day a week where I could not answer e-mails or participate in meetings I would have to think carefully about my contributions on other days.  With different "reception days" for different people it would also allow a wider range of contributions from people with less forceful personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...