Tuesday 14 August 2018

Day 132: Hate

Since we are in LA we went to the cinema tonight.  We saw a good film by Spike Lee called BlacKkKlansman which talks about the infiltration of the Klan by a black policeman in the 70s and makes some parallels with the racism which still exists today in America.  I was particularly struck by the hate that permeates these people's world.  I don't really understand why people feel so much fear and hate.  What makes a person adopt such a dark world view?  I particularly don't understand because I don't see any advantage to living in such a world.  Humans are by definition social animals. All their greatest achievements have been obtained through collaboration and exchange of ideas.  So what is it that makes people become insular and suspicious? I don't have the answer but I think it would be an interesting area of research if it hasn't been done yet.  And if it has why are we not using our knowledge to remove hate wherever possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...