Sunday 26 August 2018

Day 144: Electric

Dinner Menu:

  • Salade verte
  • Filet de barre aux olives au four
  • Pommes de terre en robes des champs avec cottage cheese
  • Badoit
  • CarrĂ© de chocolat noir
Fianna picked up her new car a few days ago. Having read my blog assiduously (that's my theory anyway) she decided to go for the fully electric Nissan Leaf.  As I have been allowed to sit in it as a passenger I can confirm that it is silent and comfortable.  I would have been happy to tell you about it feels to drive but I'm not allowed to drive it at present... Maybe next year ...

As it happens there was an article today in the Guardian mentioning how there are now 1 million electric cars circulating in Europe.  However, that means only 2% of new cars sold are electric.  We need that percentage to come up significantly by taking action on the numerator and the denominator:

Numerator: If you are considering buying a new car make sure its electric.
Denominator: If you are thinking of buying an ICE model.  Don't do it.  Postpone your purchase. I'm sure your car can survive another year by which time you'll be convinced of the need to switch to electric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...