Friday 3 August 2018

Day 121: Things

This year Fianna decided we would do a home exchange rather then staying with her parents.  Our exchange house is very well situated in Pacific Palissades one of the nicest areas in LA in my view.  We are close to the beach, to a massive natural park and to Fianna's sister's house so the location is perfect.  From the house we have a view of the ocean and of the mountains near buy as we eat breakfast on the patio.  You are probably saying to yourselves this all sounds fantastic there must be a catch somewhere.  There is.  The house belongs to a couple of professors from UCLA who have lived here for over 30 years.  In that time I am under the impression that things have gone into the house but nothing has come out.  The house is absolutely choking with "stuff".  Books are piled everywhere, carpets are strewn across floors sometimes in layers, decorative dishes and statues occupy all available flat surfaces, lights, fans, phones and other electric gadgets are dotted around haphazardly, electrical wires crisscross the different rooms. In the fridge half the items were long past their sell by date.  I realise that this isn't my house so however satisfying it would be, I can't rent a skip and throw away 90% of what's here.  I think I'm pretty good at getting rid of stuff but after living in this clutter for 2 weeks I will be even more zealous when I get back to our flat.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...