Friday 24 August 2018

Day 141: August

I've been back in Paris since Tuesday and I've been enjoying the relative emptiness.  Paris in August is a completely different city.  The few people who are left are much less stressed even if they are still working everybody feels on holiday.  A lot of the shops and restaurants are closed which means there is much less opportunity to needlessly spend money.  Its a pleasure to walk the nearly empty streets and to get around with very little traffic. In fact its so nice that I'm thinking it would be ideal if Paris was always half empty.  I'm thinking if all private cars were banned from Paris a lot of people might decide they would rather move out than be carless.  So double benefit no more cars and less people in the city.  Instead of just banning all petrol cars by 2030 (the city's existing plan) lets go one better and just ban cars altogether. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...