Tuesday 7 August 2018

Day 125: Daylight

Dinner Menu:

  • Guacamole avec chips au mais bleu
  • St Jacques au vin blanc, olives et crême fraîche
  • Spaghetti sans gluten
  • Carré de chocolat noir salé
Daylight hours are quite different in LA compared to Paris.  In summer the sun rises around 6AM and sets before 8PM where in Paris in the sun will set closer to 10PM.  Those 2 hours make a big difference to how I feel in the evening and to the time I go to bed.  I find it interesting that despite humanity's capacity to adapt its environment (rather than adapt to its environment) we are still affected by external events.  As I sit inside writing my blog with the light on I realise that I am more tired than I would normally be at this hour (and its not the jet lag).  I'm not sure which one I prefer.  On the one hand its nice to go to bed earlier as it makes for a longer morning and I can imagine that its probably to have a constant amount of daylight time.  Summer and Winter daylight times are quite close in LA.  In Paris it is nice to have long summer evenings and cosy winter evenings but you do need to adjust to big differences in daylight time between summer and winter.  Before pronouncing myself on this important question I think I would have to live for a full year in LA in order to have had the experience of a relatively even summer and winter.  Maybe I should suggest a family Xmas in LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...