Friday 24 August 2018

Day 142: Slumlord

Dinner Menu:
  • Gazpachio de concombre à la menthe
  • Salade verte avec feta
  • Baguette
  • Fromage
  • Carré de chocolat noir

Despite (or because) I am quite tall I have always preferred smaller things (phones, cars, notebooks, suitcases, etc).  A few years ago I stayed in New York on business and stayed in one these miniature hotels which are popping up in big cities.  The buildings are normal sized, its the rooms which are quite small but cosy thanks to intelligent design.  Inspired by the fact that Fianna and I managed to optimise our 100m2 flat to make it feel much bigger and by the threat of losing my job in the near future I'm thinking of extending this concept to apartments.  I have been looking at tiny studios (10-12 m2 ) and seeing how they can be optimised become efficient and comfortable.  While I still have a job and therefore a good credit rating I could do a first one which will allow me to then find financing and develop the concept.  Ultimately I will become an ethical slumlord in Paris renting tiny but "luxurious"apartments to students and immigrants in Paris!  The best part is that it would allow me to finally exorcise the frustrated architect within me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...