Thursday 2 August 2018

Day 120: Transit


I’m writing this blog in between timezone in a plane on my way to LA for a well needed (if not well deserved) holiday.  Los Angeles is a strange place for a vacation. On the one hand you have nice beaches, the pacific ocean, great weather and huge natural parks within a few minutes drive. However you are in a big city, you need to drive everywhere, and the food is … American. There are many things to enjoy while being on vacation there but I think its the kind of city that you should live in rather than holiday in. I can see that living and working in LA could be a great lifestyle: the weather is always good, most people have a house, the ocean isn't far way and most people are very friendly. But my idea of a vacation is to go somewhere a little more deserted to experience a bigger change from the bustle of Paris.

16 hours after leaving Paris I am sending this form the patio of our accommodation in LA.

Dinner Menu (Thanks Z.)
  • Corn on the cobb
  • Lettuce, tomato and onion salad
  • Tortilla chips
  • Water

1 comment:

  1. I lived in LA and disliked the idea of living there again. Reason number one : you spend 20-30 percent of your time in a car. 2/ you inhale smog. 3/ the weather gets boringly “good”. 4/ air conditioning everywhere. 5/ superficial connections (is the tendency) 6/ not much room for spontaneous meetings or planning to meet

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...