Saturday 11 August 2018

Day 129: Big

Everything is big in this country.  This evening after an active day including the bat-mitzvah ceremony our hosts ordered a pizza.  The pizza (like everything in America) was oversized (probably  80cm in diameter).  I'm not sure why everything needs to be big in the US.  I have already talked about oversized houses but it is true for everything.  Restaurant portions are usually double what they need to be.  You see pickup trucks and big SUVs everywhere usually with only one person in them.  Houses and hotel rooms must have at least two TVs and often 3 or 4.  Fridges are at least twice as big as a big European fridge. What happened to small is beautiful?  Although I find the big open spaces in the American west quite stunning,  I prefer my human spaces to be more compact less intrusive on the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...