Tuesday 10 April 2018

Day 7: Competition

Today's supper: Osso Bucco with Wild Mushrooms in Garlic and Tomato sauce

I would like to congratulate Julian Farod on having correctly identified the western quote.  All the more impressive as I happen to know he is not of the western generation (other than vicariously through his Dad). He gets 5 bonus points in the great blogging competition.

Ah yes, you thought you were just passing an idle moment by reading this blog, I'm sorry but in this highly competitive dog eat dog world all activities need to be productive.

So how does one get points (apart from bonuses):

  2 points:  Posting a comment

  1 point:    Read the blog everyday for 1 week (You will be tested on your knowledge of the
                  week's posts)

  1 point:    If you refer to my blog on facebook (just before closing your account)
                  + 5 bonus points for actually closing your account

  1 point:   Taking a 5 minute cold shower (You need to record yourself swearing and screaming
                 during the shower to validate your point)

  2 points: Fasting on the same day as me

  1 point:   Giving me a blogging subject which I then use

  1 point:   Subscribing to my blog

  1 point:   Being the first person to read my blog in a new country (I get geographical statistics but
                  you need to claim your country)

  2 points:  Referring to my blog in your blog (other wise known as stereo-blogging)

  1/2 point: Sending me an encouraging e-mail   

All point scoring and judging is carried out by me in totally arbitrary fashion.  Any complaints and appeals will be thoroughly investigated before being ignored.

The winner will be announced on 3rd of April 2019.

The live ranking table is here: Blog competition

In order to get you all into the spirit of the competition here is a 3 point (easy) bonus question:

Who and in which book said "My dear, I don't give a damn"

5 comments:

  1. Fasting should be more than two points, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rett Butler in Gone with the Wind.
    Cold Showers : 1,5 Minute Long yoddling since B‘s last visit
    Comment: done
    E-Mail of encouragement: done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subscription : done
    Next subject : calculations please on the environmental benefits of eating meat once every two weeks instead of at every eating day
    And/or, the very trendy practice of mindfulness and your sisters expertise in the teaching of the physical application of mindfulness coming to a country near yours August 25th in The Jura . See Alexandertraining.eu
    Does reading your blog in Germany as well as France count as “a new country”?
    Read your blog twice a day ( in fact) for a week ...
    I’m going to do some serious catching up here.
    Facebook mention on its way

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m reading this from Kuwait, though I missed the deadline. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was no deadline so thanks to astute comments and geographical mobility you go straight in to equal 4th place!

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...