Friday 13 April 2018

Day 10: Scooter

Today: Joues de lottes à la crème et au Viognier accompagnées de tagliatelle

I finally sold my last ever petrol scooter today.  I think I can safely say that 13th April 2018 will be the last day that I ever owned a vehicle with an Internal Combustion Engine (ICE).  From now on an vehicle I own will be powered by muscle or electricity.  Actually I can't wait for ICEs to be completely banned.  Can you imagine what a difference it would make to our lives?

  • No more pollution in our cities
  • No more constant noise as we just hear an occasional woosh
  • More leisurely travel time (On long trips you stop more often on to charge your electric car)
  • Healthier eating habits as you stop for a 1 hr meal to charge your car instead of eating a sandwich on the road.
  • No need to master the stick shift (electric vehicles do not have gears)
  • Less gas stations as you can charge your vehicle at home or on small discrete public chargers
  • 20% of global warming is due to ICEs.  So between that and the cold showers we would be well on our way to achieving the COP21 pollution reduction targets
Now I need to to think about which electric scooter I will buy.  Isn't that an ideal situation, I get to buy myself something new and save the planet at the same time! Guilt free buying.  Its a bit like eating after a fasting day.

So if any of you still have a facebook account (which would be surprising by now) lets get the NICE (No Internal Combustion Engines)  movement up and running with an aim of a total ban on all petrol based vehicles by 2022.




1 comment:

  1. Stick shift? I thought you were writing your blog in English, rather than American.
    Changing gears is fun anyway. They should make an electric car with a gearbox.

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...