Monday 14 May 2018

Day 41: Theme

 I was reading the Guardian this morning and came across an article about a website called Patreon.  The principle of the site is that it allows creators such as musicians, filmmakers, journalists, comedians, photographers, podcasters, scientists and bloggers (see the link!) to get paid for their work.  Subscription to an artiste (don't things look more classy in Frenchis anything from 1 to 10€ per month,  90% of which goes to the creator.  So I'm thinking that after practising for free for 365 days I can then move my blog to Patreon and change careers.  Of course in order to build up an audience (wider than my immediate family) I may have to find a specific blog theme, rather than the current aimless amble through a variety of unrelated themes.  Possible themes that come to mind could include:

  • Health & diet - I'm not sure how popular my proposals would be: taking cold showers and not eating.
  • Raising children - Both my children have opted to live over 5,000 miles away from me so my advice may be called into question.
  • Film critique - Not sure there are enough western aficionados left to make this a viable theme.
  • Politics - I have a feeling my views would unite left and right against me rather than in my favour. From advocating total freedom of movement to abolition of all forms of inheritance and from the removal of all restrictions on hiring and firing while at same time proposing the instoration of universal basic income.
  • Finance - I've certainly had both ups and downs on that score.
  • Working - Although I have a pretty good record of finding jobs, I have not always been good at keeping them voluntarily or not.
  • Love & Romance - I think that might be my best shot.  I have had long and short relationships.  I have been in love and out of love, requited and unrequited.  I have been married 2 (or 3) times. I have had one night stands.  I have tested internet dating, speed dating, dating friends, dating through friends, dating at work, infidelity, 0 to 18 years age difference,  a range of nationalities and professions. I have had a paper marriage and a challenging marriage and I now have a perfect marriage.  (I know who is reading this).
I have 324 days to think about it.  10 points to the reader who finds the most appropriate theme to my thinking and writing.

Today was a fasting day and my cold shower was 5 mins 5 seconds at 13.5° C. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fabien,

    Some of us would be really interessted to know how you managed to send your children so far away, just in case...

    Another idea for you blog : Rather that film critic, what about comics ? There is definitely a trend. Would you specialize in erotic comics, I am sure you can retire soon.

    Jérôme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jérôme certainly has a point!

    Totally agree with your listed policy proposals (especially loosening labor laws while instating a UBI), but I think they'd be the fastest was to turn this blog into a western...landscape. That is, dry and sparsely populated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well we wouldn't want that to happen. I'm hoping for the urban jungle.
      Active and densely populated

      Delete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...