Sunday 1 July 2018

Day 89: Weekend

It was over 32° C all weekend in Paris (you must all be really grateful to have switched to cold showers thank to my blog #2).  As I mentioned yesterday we spent a relaxing  weekend eating, drinking and resting in hammocks which R & F have astutely dotted around their well thought out and really pleasant garden.  As R's passion is carpentry rather than the economics of the world fishing industry (which is what he does at the oecd) he has recently managed to negotiate that from the 1st of september he will work only 4 days a week (for a 10% reduction in salary) and with a commitment to  do 4.5 days work in 4 days.  I must say that I would happily sign up to a similar deal.  I would rather have 4 days of more intense work but then 3 full days of rest. A three day weekend feels much more appropriate: 1 day to wind down, 1 day of rest and 1 day to get ready for Monday.  I'm sure there would be a significant drop in work related stress, illnesses and burnouts which ultimately would benefit everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...