Monday 2 July 2018

Day 90: Vegetarian

Today was a fasting day.

Our friend F whose house we were at this weekend told us that she has stopped eating beef and pork (not quite vegetarian but on the way).  At first she did it just to see  if she could, but then quite rapidly she realised that actually she had no desire for meat anymore.  I have to say that for some reason I found this interesting.  Even though I have been around many vegetarians in my life (including my mother) I have never had the slightest inclination to give up meat.  But as I prepare to go to Los Angeles on holiday in august I think it might be a good idea to give it a try by having a meat free summer.  For some reason I usually put on weight when I'm in the US (except if I spend most of my time in hospital).  I'm not sure if cutting out meat helps to lose weight, but I'm sure it will be healthy and it will make my mum happy. Anyway it seems this is the year of giving myself challenges:

  • 4 minute plank every morning
  • 5 minute cold showers
  • 2 days fasting per week
  • 1 blog entry every day
  • And now 2 months meat free
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...