Saturday 28 July 2018

Day 116: Architect

Dinner with 2 architects:
  • Salade verte
  • Aubergines à la poêle
  • Chèvre chaud sur toast aux céréales
  • Tarte aux abricots maison
  • Badoit
Fianna and I are spending the weekend by the ocean in Préfailles (my family village). As my mum hasn't arrived yet we are spending out first night as guests of Ph.- F. and E. who is my mum's first cousin.  Our delightful hosts are both architects and have worked together in their agency for all their professional lives.  I mentioned to them that Architect was one of my dream professions, (it seems  that's what most possible say).  In my defence I have executed on that dream to a certain extent having bought and remodelled 10 house or apartments over the last 27 years.  As I am writing I realise that I would have probably been a very difficult architect.  If I had to take into account a client's wishes it would probably drive me crazy. Contrary to what I have been saying for years, rather than an architect, what I would really like to be is a promoter who buys, transforms and sells buildings. 

So it all comes back to my favourite game when I was young: Monopoly!  

2 comments:

  1. Louis might be on your dream ( job) line. Written from Iceland where I got stranded! Je vais de ce pas me consoler dans le lagon bleu !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun. Don't stay too long or you'll turn into a Schtroupmf!

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...