Friday 27 July 2018

Day 115: A/C

Today was a fasting day.

As I wrote a few days ago we are experiencing a heat wave in Paris (and many other places) at the moment.  A number of people (mainly American) have complained about the lack of air conditioning in Paris and asked me if I have any. My standard response is no I don't have a/c and if I did I would rip it out. One of the first things I do when I arrive in a hotel (even in India or Australia) is switch off the air conditioning. For some reason I find it much more disturbing than heating.  I find that a/c disconnects you from your environment, also it is a prime contributor to global warming representing around 10 % of residential energy consumption. So people use a/c to compensate for increasing heat which in turn causes global warming.  And we are supposed to be the rational species on the planet?

There is such a simple alternative solution, yes you guessed it : Cold Showers (no energy consumption involved)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...