Wednesday 18 July 2018

Day 106: Measurement

Today was a fasting day.

Up to now I haven't really been tracking my weight loss.  But I have decided to buy myself some electronic scales linked to my phone to be able to monitor my progress. In business a key principle is that you can only manage what you measure.  This definitely works for companies but I wonder if it applies to other areas of life?  Should we have indicators for:
  • Hours spent on screens per day
  • Hours spent in transport per day 
  • Steps you walk in a day
  • Kilos lost in the week
  • Meaningful conversations you have with your spouse per month
  • Words you exchange with your teenagers per day
  • Books you read per week
  • Phone conversations you had with your distant (in km) family per quarter
  • Random acts of kindness you did in the week
  • Lights you forgot to switch off in the day 
  • And of course hot showers you avoided!
Smartphones have been around for just over 10 years I expect that within the next 20 years they will come with a "life dashboard" application which will give us (or somebody) full control of our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...