Wednesday 11 July 2018

Day 99: Science

Today my Dad wrote about wrote about Science as a Religion in his (Blog) thanks to which he gets 2 points.  I must say that I don't really see how the two are comparable.  If anything Science and Religion are opposites.  Religion is about certainty it does not allow for argument or dissent you either believe and accept or you are in sin.  With science there is never a definitive answer.  Although many people (usually non scientists) like to either believe or deplore that science has all the answers, in fact science only has today's answers, tomorrow's will probably be different.  The best route to success in science is through new and different views of the world which often means upsetting the established order.  I'm not sure that advocating free love, the right to abortion and the non-virginity of Mary would be the best route to becoming Pope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...