Tuesday 24 July 2018

Day 112: Like

I must say that, as my sister pointed out to me in an e-mail this morning, I must stop using phrase "I must say" in my blog posts.  In addition she gets 3 points for having the guts to correct her older brother and hopefully contributing to making my blog a better, slimmer blog.  Having checked I see that I have used that redundant fill in 17 times in 111 blog posts, which I agree is probably 16 times too many.  From now on I'll use "like" to be in sync with the modern world.

You know, I am basically not actually sure why we literally use these very pointless words like like.

I spent a lot of time and effort eradicating those words from my children's vocabulary (quite successfully I must say) and now I find that I have to put in the same energy into tracking down these verbal misdemeanours in my own blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...