Sunday 17 March 2019

Day 347: Streets

Today I played squash with Louis.  The squash court in on the other side of Paris, so I borrowed Fianna's (electric) car to go there.  On the way there an back we noticed the amount road work which was being undertaken to reduce the space for cars and make space for pedestrians, bicycles and buses.  Although I am in favour of banning petrol cars from cities I find this approach even better.  Instead of banning cars the mayor of Paris is just making it very slow to drive around Paris.  As less and less road space is given to cars, people will realise that it is be coming the slowest rather than the fastest way to get around.  The mayoral elections are due next year I will be voting for whoever promises to reduce automotive traffic the most! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...