Sunday 3 March 2019

Day 333: Skiing

First day of skiing and it was a beautiful sunny day with great snow.  We made the most of it as the rest of the week is supposed to be more mixed with snow falls and only occasional sunshine.  Skiing is a strange sport.  You have to drive up a mountain to a ski resort,  you have to bring all your ski gear which you use once or twice a year, once there you rent skis and buy a ski pass which will allow you to be pulled up a mountain so that you can then slide down again (sounds a bit like a luxury version of Sisyphus' punishment).  In addition it can be very cold and you discover painful parts of your body that you didn't know existed.  Despite all that it's an amazing experience and I hope that like my mother and Pierre I'll still be skiing at 75 (with my free pass!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...