Tuesday 19 March 2019

Day 349: Swimming

As I mentioned yesterday in the absence of my bicycle I have decided to take up swimming for a while.  I have been doing 14 lengths at the local swimming pool.  What I like about swimming is that it is an all around sport.  You use you leg, your arms, your body and you need to control your breathing.  I would actually prefer to do swimming everyday rather than cycling, if there weren't a few issues:
  1. Swimming pools in Paris do not open at 6:AM
  2. You have to spend a lot of time going to the pool, undressing, showering, dressing again ... which means to do 40 mins exercise takes at least an hour and half
  3. I haven't found earphones that work for swimming which means I can't listen to music or the radio while I'm in the pool...(it does get boring)
  4. The water in swimming pools isn't cold enough (yes you read that right)
  5. I lost and cannot find the book called "Yoga Swimming" which a friend lent me 20 years ago and which explained how to transform swimming into yoga (my gratitude and a gift of 10 bandes dessinées to anyone who finds the book and sends it to me). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...