Tuesday 26 March 2019

Day 356: Left

Yes as I mentioned yesterday I am part of the oppressed minority of left handed people.  In these times of  political correctness, gender acceptance, colour blindness and general acceptance of differences I am disappointed at the lack of attention which has been given to the plight of the lefties.  For those of you who don't realise how hard the world is for us here are a few pointers:
  1. We are forced to shake people's right hand instead of using our left
  2. Dessert spoons and fish knives have the knife edge on the wrong side
  3. Potato peelers are often made for righties (although now there some ambidextrous ones)
  4. Why is there no national holiday for lefties ?  
  5. Spoons are put on the wrong side of my plate
  6. Why are there no statistics on lefties in parliament or in board rooms ? (Its a plot to keep us out)
  7. Why do I have to write from left to right when the other way would be much easier?
  8. Why are scissors and can openers made for right handed use?
  9. Is it fair that right also means correct, implying that us lefties are always wrong?
  10. Breast pockets on shirts and jackets are always on the left side (making it impossible to use with your left hand)
  11. I would like to call for the creation of the position of "left-hand man or woman"

3 comments:

  1. Amen. On the plus side, our inferior social status has forced us to improvise, adapt, and overcome. Besides, righties will never experience that special feeling of compassion and solidarity we get when we meet one of our own. United we stand, divided we fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I might get a comment from my fellow oppressed citizen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never realised how oppressed you are. It’s true that with today’s tendancy to want to solve all the inequalities of the world, it’s surprising there is a “left is also right” movement.

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...