Saturday 30 March 2019

Day 360 : Writing

Fianna and I went to see a nice French movie tonight Le mystère Henri Pic.  Its a very French film centered around a mystery, literature and romance.  Don't worry I'm not going to start doing movie criticism in my blog but as I come to the end of my year it reminded me of  my ambition? desire? fantasy? to one day write (and publish) a book.  Over the past 360 days I have written on average 150 words a night which represents just under half a novel.  If I can do that in my spare time surely it should be possible for me to write a book in a year if that's all I did.  I'm not sure why I have always had this feeling that writing a book is something I need to do.  What kind of book you may ask ?  Well here are 10 books that have made me want to write:

  1. Les racines du ciel
  2. 100 years of solitude
  3. Belle du seigneur
  4. The world according to Garp
  5. Revolutionnary road
  6. L'éducation sentimentale
  7. Pride and prejudice
  8. Gone with the wind
  9. Dead souls
  10. Catch 22


Now all I need to do is find a story, decide on the language and set aside the time.  

1 comment:

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...