Monday 18 March 2019

Day 348: Hamburg

Here I am in Hamburg for the week.  Its quite far North so still gets dark early and quite cold. But there is always something appealing about cities on water.  As I could not take my bike with me to do my morning ride I decided to do evening swimming instead.  I identified a pool a few kms away from my hotel that is open until 10:30 PM but I didn't realise Hamburg is still stuck in the 20th century.  First there is no Uber in Hamburg (only normal taxis that you can't find),  no Lime or Bird scooters, no Cityscoots, no Velib and no shared electric cars.  In the end I had to rent a bike from the hotel which was quite expensive and required filling in forms at the desk.  It made me realise how lucky we are in Paris with the wide range of options which we now have to get around.  On the positive side the swimming pool was really great.  A spacious modern building with an olympic pool which was nearly square it was so wide.  The swim lanes had plenty of space which meant you never felt crowded.  Finally the shower (cold of course) and dressing room were pleasant, clean and in great condition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...