Monday 25 March 2019

Day 355: Watch

I've always liked watches even as a teenager. My current watch was given to me by Fianna, I like the Milanese mesh bracelet and the minimalist design.  But I'm wondering what's the point of having a timepiece on your wrist in the 21st century. I'm often at my computer which displays the time permanently and I always have my smartphone with me which gives me the exact time instantly.  So in reality my watch is just an accessory like a hat or a tie.  Maybe I need a watch detox so that I can wear it occasionally rather then everyday?  In over 40 years I don't think there has ever been a time where I didn't wear a watch.  As this has been the year of breaking habits (even if only temporarily) I'm going to try going watch-less for a month.  Maybe after my detox I can then learn to have my watch on my right hand which is where I should wear it since I'm left handed.

PS: As an early warning I am now 10 blogposts away from the end of my Year of Blogging

3 comments:

  1. I have one simple yet elegant watch I bought for $5 via The Economist about 6 years ago (special offer for subscribing if I remember correctly). I very rarely wear it, but when I do it's also on the left hand. Unfortunately, as a result, the little nob that sticks out to let users set the time digs into the back of my hand. Might explain part of why I rarely wear watches. But mainly it's because the bulk of the watches people wear are terribly ugly to me, corrupting the style. And also because, as you say, they're useless these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too! Its because when we were given our first watch nobody told us we had to wear it on the right so we just wore it the same way as everybody else

    ReplyDelete
  3. My watch is the most valuable and useful jewelry I possess and a golden memory of the days I shared my life with the father of my Franco-American smart and gorgeous children. I try to replace it with phone and such to find out it doesn’t work. My watch gives me only 1 information: time and day. And not 20, as my phone does. For that reason alone, it’s amazing! And it’s accessible which my phone isn’t as it lays here and there, in my bag or in my pocket.
    Watches are in my view, still indispensable.

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...