Thursday 7 March 2019

Day 337: Agent

I think I may have mentioned in a preceding blog that we are staying in a small ski flat this week.  In addition to the lack of space I have already written about, I find that the slats on my bed are mostly broken which means that 3 or 4 of them fall out every time I sit on the bed. Of course we will complain to the agent but I don't really expect anything to happen.  If we had rented this flat through an online platform we would have lot more recourse to express our dissatisfaction.  The transparency that peer to peer platforms like AirBnB, BlaBlaCar, Uber or  Tripadvisor bring to their respective sectors is a great improvement.  If you know that your service will be publically reviewed you are much more careful about how you describe and price things.  I would say that we are only at the beginning of the transparency revolution.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...