Friday 5 April 2019

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial and bland, funny and depressing so I appreciate those of you who have managed to stay with me all this time.  My blog has been a great outlet but also a burden sometimes.  On average it has taken me 1 hour a day which, if you subtract 7hrs of sleep and 9hrs of work, represents 12.5% of my personal and family time (25% of my evening time).  My darling wife has been very understanding (even appreciative sometimes) but I think I need to increase my level of home interaction.  I have the feeling that I haven't managed  to convince a large following to take up cold showering or close their facebook accounts but I hope I have occasionally informed and provoked.

I would like to thank all of you who commented, sent me messages of encouragement, referred to me in their own blogs or just occasionally read it.

This blog has been made with 100% organic thoughts and is completely recyclable.  No animals were harmed in the process.  No slave or child labour was used in the production of this blog which is certified as 100% free of nationalism.

Just in case you were wondering the blog competition was won by my sister (hiding under the pseudonym of Aunt_C).  She therefore wins the right to takeover my blog for a year (you're welcome!  Ruben came in second thanks to a concerted effort in the last quarter and Julian Farod (10 retroactive points to the first one to tell me who that is) came in third after being in the lead for the whole of the 3rd quarter.



2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS !!!
    ( I only lost because I for some reason couldn't comment ... )
    I'll ry to post this one but it will take me half an hour as usual
    Anyway congratulations Dad !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julian Farod is your beloved son. I’m a better blog reader than a blog writer so I’ll decline your generous offer. Besides you are irreplaceable so should I decide otherwise I’ll write my own blog without your permission. However it’s now clear to the public what kind of relationship you entertain yourself with, with your sister !
    Continue writing... you’re on a roll. AND Hendrik and I take cold showers �� ( me: less cold than his )

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...