Sunday 27 May 2018

Day 54: Meals

Sunday Night (Solo) Menu:
  • Cote de boeuf saignante
  • Salade verte
  • Carreau de chocolat 85%
I had dinner by myself tonight. Theo was not hungry, Eliot only wanted steak if ti came with potatoes so would rather have nothing and Fianna who was going to share my salad was not ready to come to the table when I was.  Aside from the particular foibles of the family this Sunday night it does pose the question of what should the expectations be around dinner time when people live together ?  As far as I can tell there are a number of options:

  1. Everybody is in the kitchen and contributing throughout, from laying the table to clearing everything away 
  2. Everybody has to sit down together for the actual meal but preparation and clearing up is carried out by specific "volunteers"
  3. Everyone sits down to the meal together but people leave as soon as they have finished in order to get back to important things like films and video games
  4. Different people have different tastes and hunger levels so everyone just eats whatever they want whenever they want
  5. TV was invented to allow people to have dinner together, so use it!
On my fasting days I still sit down to dinner with the rest of the family and drink some water so you can guess where I stand on this issue.  

1 comment:

  1. Probably it didn’t help that we had a 4 hour brunch and enough food to fill me for days :)

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...