Wednesday 9 May 2018

Day 36: Family Weekend

Today was a fasting day, in preparation for a family reunion weekend at my Uncle's farm in the countryside where the food is really good. (The delicious bread and butter with jam in the morning sets the tone for all the other meals of the day).  Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have done 3 instead of my usual 2 fasting days.

So I have seen a number of e-mails go through my inbox with all the things that people are bringing to the event. Sheets, Towels, Cheese, Wine, Musical Instruments, Children, Husbands, Wives, Others, Broccoli (really?!),  Appropriate Shoes, Suitcases, Tofu, Mantras, Cakes, Recipes, Tennis rackets, Card games, Smartphones (oups), Selfie sticks, Stories and of course a lot of anticipation.

For my part I'm bringing a Kindle (to keep up my reputation), my computer, some work, an empty stomach, a manual on how to take a perfect cold shower,  some time, a willingness to participate in preparing, not just eating, our meals, coconut oil, columbian coffee and expectations of getting lots of future blogging material.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe you can bathe yourself in the pond. I wish I could join you but I'm recovering from elbow surgery. I can smell his cheese and butter operation from here. I'd say that although we had already been exposed to the occasional glass of wine (or vodka), Louis and I learned how to drink at Maurin's. Being free to drink as much as we wanted at every meal was special because we were treated as adults. Not in the sense that adults get to drink at will, but in the sense that they are responsible for their actions. Maurin was good to us, even when we wrecked his barn and bamboo garden, or harassed his animals. He fed our curiosity and personal responsibility, helping us build zip lines and fireworks. He taught us to drive his tractor, then went back to his work. True "free range" parenting. Please send him my best!

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...