Friday 25 May 2018

Day 52: Noise

Menu:
  • Whisky Balvenie 12 ans d'age
  • Risotto aux fruits de mer
  • Chocolat noir 85% a l'orange
Yesterday I came home quite late from Brussels. It was a hot evening and we had the windows open.  Despite being on the Fourth floor of our building we could hear a lot of noise coming from the bar across the street.  They were having quite a party spilling onto the side walk with music, laughing and loud conversation.   So how does that work?  I enjoy a party myself and I would feel strange telling people they have to stop enjoying themselves and go home.  At the same time I have to get up early the next day and go to work.  So what is the solution (apart from moving to an isolated house in the countryside). How does one compromise on this kind of issue?   I guess you just have to accept that this is part of living in a big city.  There are advantages (not sure what they are) and inconveniences (pretty clear).  Actually, maybe the best thing would be to segregate living arrangements by age:
  • Big cities: 18 - 30 Year olds (Exciting party time)
  • Provincial cities: 30 - 50 year olds (so the children can enjoy the freedom)
  • Small towns: 50 - 70 (So you don't have to put up with the noise and stress)
  • Isolated house: 70+  (You just want to enjoy the views and the quiet)
I think I'm ready to become an early adopter of the Isolated house stage... but this is the problem  with having a young(er)  beautiful wife you have to take her wishes into account.  So maybe in 15 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...