Friday 4 May 2018

Day 31: One Month

So I have been blogging for a month.  I must say it gets harder rather than easier.  You have to find the time, which is not always easy. Contrary to my Dad's blog which is a morning blog,  I do mine in the evening and sometimes it gets pushed back quite late. It takes between 30mins and 1 hour to choose a subject, write a blog and then re-read and edit it.  The hardest part is finding the theme of the day, as you may have noticed I like to include musings on life and the human condition with more mundane matters like  (sorry can't use that word as I'm trying to wean the teenagers in my family off it, much like genre in French) such as (much better) my menus, trips and work issues. If it's time consuming and difficult, I must be getting rewarded somehow.  My readership is (for now) quite limited, I seem to have 5-6 core readers even if one of my Blog days have reached close to 150 readers.  I do get comments, encouraging e-mails and an occasional chuckle from Fianna in the morning which is of course gratifying even if it is limited.  Would I stop blogging if nobody read it?  Or only one person ? probably not.  To be honest I am probably doing this entirely for myself.  Because I have set myself a challenge, and I am too stubborn to accept defeat.   It is the same "pleasure" as taking a cold shower, doing 4 minutes of plank or going for a 1hr run every morning (I'm not doing that last one by the way).  All of these things are decisions, nobody in their right mind would do them thinking they will find them pleasurable.  The common theme is that you can't try it out.  You have to decide to do it before starting.  If you try a cold shower why on earth would you do it again? Or if you try to to do a morning run you will not do it a second time.  And its the same with blogging.  I made a decision a month ago and now I'm stuck with it for at least another 11 months.

PS: Although we have come to the conclusion that this is personal mind exercise that is disconnected from my readership, don't stop reading, it does help and I have a personal goal of having been read at least once in every continent.  I'm thinking Antarctica may be the hardest. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog until today! I love laughing with and at you. So this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you getting in the competition. Even if you are only coming in at 13!

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...