Wednesday 30 May 2018

Day 57: Pets

I'm allergic to cats and yet for close 20 of the last 25 years I have had to share my space with a feline.  Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with dogs or cats as long as they live in the countryside where they can lead healthy productive lives killing mice and herding sheep.  But I cannot understand why people insist on having pets in cities.  If you have a cat in an apartment (especially if he is neurotic like Mishka), you've basically transformed your home into a maximum security prison. The cat can't go out and just needs to be fed at regular intervals, while occasionally trying to dash out the door when you leave it open.  If you have a dog it's even worse since on top of all that you have to also take it for a walk 2x a day and pick up its sh*t.  On top of all that whenever you go away for a few days you have to transfer your prisoner to some other secure facility (our cleaning lady's apartment in our case).  This is one area where I believe the electronic revolution cannot happen fast enough.  In cities and towns we should move from live pets to robot pets, surely that is not a technological problem at this stage.  I can only see benefits:

  1. No risk of allergies
  2. Much cheaper to maintain
  3. Clean 
  4. Programmable (Friendly, Loving, Erratic, Aggressive, Quiet, Loud, Neurotic, etc)
  5. Changeable (Move from dog to cat by just changing the head for example)
  6. Useful (Could easily be made to carry shopping or guard the house)
  7. Remotely activated (to check on what your child is doing in the afternoon at home alone)
Today was a fasting day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...