Saturday 5 May 2018

Day 32: Call

Today Theo and Eliot left for their Dad's house for 5 days leaving Fianna and I to try to find other ways to occupy ourselves ...(no problem so far!).  The important question that faces Parents and Children when they are separated is: Who should call whom ? Let us examine this important question dispassionately ( I can do that since I am both a parent and a child).

Children should call their parents because:

  • They should be grateful for all the parents did for them
  • They understand the technology better (its all smartphones, whatsapp and skype these days)
  • Parents have boring, steady lives so its easy to know when to call them
  • Parents worry about their children so they need to be reassured (that's what I hear)
  • Parents are pleasantly surprised when they get a call from their children 
  • Children need things from their parents 

Parents should call their children because:
  • They want to know what's happening in their children's lives
  • They worry about them and need reassurance
  • Children are too busy studying (ha!) or working (ha ha) to remember to call
  • They have good reason to remember their children's birthday (most of them do anyway)
  • They need to remind them to brush their teeth, eat properly and not to talk to strangers
  • They have retired and have nothing better to do

So what's the verdict at the end of the day ?  I'm not going to say,  just in case my children ... or my parents are reading this (both sets can carry on calling me).

Dinner:
  • Whisky Japonais
  • Filet de sole au chorizo et poivrons
  • Riz Afghan
  • Vin blanc bio
  • Banane et myrtilles au fromage blanc de brebis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...