Thursday 28 February 2019

Day 330: Handwriting

When I'm in meetings at work I still write things down in my notebook with a pen which seems normal but will probably be considered quaint in 10 or 15 years.  We all have phones and computers so why are we still writing things down on paper?  If you write (or record) everything on a laptop or phone you know you won't lose it.  It will become instantaneously available on all your devices and most of your spelling mistakes will be corrected.  Finally if you're left handed like me you'll have the novel experience of actually being able to read your own notes.  (I'm also pretty sure an electronic page has less environmental impact than a paper and ink page).  I wonder if I should try to wean myself off all forms of paper based writing?  Actually I rarely re-read my notes anyway, its more that the act of writing which helps me to remember things.  I either need to stop using notebooks or start planting trees.  (let me write that down!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...