Sunday 3 February 2019

Day 305 : Opinion

A few days ago I was reading the Opinion page of the Financial Times and I noticed on the right hand side a column entitled "Want to write a piece for the Financial Times op-ed page?".  There were 5 key recommendations to have a chance of being accepted:

  1. Think about our readers
  2. Write what you know
  3. Write clearly and accessibly
  4. Use specific examples
  5. Be pithy and sharp
Having read the FT's advice it occured to me that I have occasionally expressed opinions in my blog and that I might be able to share them with a wider audience.  The FT expects an opinion piece to be around 800 words and my posts are around 200 words on average so it shouldn't be too difficult to develop one of the ideas I have posted over the last 10 months.  Here is a chance for some of you to get back into the competition.  I will award 1 point for those of you who send me your choice of which one of my previous posts you feel could be developed and 5 points if I decide to pick that one.

1 comment:

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...