Tuesday 19 February 2019

Day 321: Fashion

Karl Lagerfeld the man behind Chanel for close to 40 years died today.  I mention it because it is in all the newspapers much to my chagrin.  I cannot understand the point of fashion.  Why would we need to change our perfectly good clothes every year irrespective of the state they are in?  Why are bell bottom jeans out (or a better question why were they ever in?)  Fashion is a direct assault on the environment.  It creates a requirement to buy unnecessary items (and throw away  perfectly good ones) for no rational reason.  According to McKinsey the Fashion Industry represents 2.4 Trillion $ and none of it is environmentally friendly.  I guess on the positive side the more global warming we have the smaller the Fashion Industry will get as we will all be walking around in T-shirts, Shorts and Flip Flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...