Friday 6 April 2018

Day 3: Long Life

Today's menus:

Breakfast: Coffee

Lunch: Badoit

Dinner: Tea

Yes that's right, today was a starving day.  In addition to the obvious benefit of losing weight, it seems that a scientific study has shown that if white mice are put on an alternative day fasting diet they live 30% longer than control mice (which I assume are fed everyday as opposed to no days).  So my initial life plan was to live to 100 but now I can add 30 years to that target (for those of you who might be inclined to point out that I'm not a white mouse, I say stop quibbling).

So this will bring me to 2092 (that's right you can now work out how old I am).  So overall is this a good thing or a bad thing ?

On the positive side 

  1. I get to spend an extra 30 years with my wife (you can see I know she reads this blog)
  2. I get to eat the 13,765 meals I will have skipped by doing this silly diet 
  3. Thanks to global warming my Paris apartment will have a sea view
  4. I get to read my PG Wodehouse book collection another 15 times
  5. I will witness the UK rejoining the EU after they realise Brexit was a mistake



    On the negative side, sorry I mean less positive (nothing is negative these days) 


    1. I will be taking an extra 10,950 cold showers (see my blog from yesterday)
    2. Lack of resources will have resulted in meat being banned, which means that my 13,765 meals will consist of rice and beans
    3. Due to everyone (including my friend Roger) taking cold showers my Paris apartment will not have a sea view
    4. I will run out of space for my bandes déssinées collection
    5. I will witness the UK leaving the EU a second time after they realise their return was a mistake

    Have a good weekend

    3 comments:

    1. There will be no Brexit. Keep positive. But continue sending subliminal messages to fight it just in case my optimism is misplaced...

      ReplyDelete
    2. Don’t worry, there is more to vegan life than rice and beans. There’s every vegetable and fruit under the sun and tofu. I know you love tofu.

      ReplyDelete
    3. No tofu will knowingly pass these lips!

      ReplyDelete

    Day 365 (bis) : End!

    Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...