Friday 8 June 2018

Day 66: Blablabla

Over the last year I have noticed that more and more people use "blablabla" when speaking in a professional or personal context.  Why would people do that?  I was pretty worked up about "like" or "genre" in French which are filler word which do not actually add anything to your sentence.   Blablabla is even worse.  It means: "I feel I should have more  to say on this subject, but i don't know what, so I'm using  a filler word".  If you don't have anything to say ... say nothing!  What is wrong with silence?  The crazy thing is that I'm hearing this used in English and in French (I wonder if it is being used in Chinese, Persian or Korean?).

The whole point of words and language is to convey meaning and to provoke thinking.  The more we use meaningless words and "twitter sentences" the less we make sense.  It seems to me that twitter and most internet communication is not there to expand our consciousness but to fill up the time in the easiest way possible.   If it's too easy it's probably not worth reading or watching ... I trust you are finding my blog as hard to read as I am to write it!


Tonight was a Vegan Meal:

  • Whisky Lagavulin 12 ans d'age
  • Risotto aux champignons et petits pois (option parmesan pour non-vegan)
  • Salade verte
  • Carré de chocolat noir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...