Thursday 7 June 2018

Day 65: Mine

"Mine"  that's what I use to say to my sister when we were children and she wanted to use "borrow" my things.  It seems that the sense of property develops at an early age.  And yet at the same time I see many parents who don't hesitate to let their children borrow their smartphones or computers on demand ( I happen to feel smartphones are quite a  personal item).  Lets make this easier here is a list of things that can or cannot be shared:


ShareDon't Share
T-ShirtUnderwear
SoapToothbrush
CarSmartphone
Food on other's plateFood on my plate
Your houseYour bedroom*
Your blogYour diary
Your views Your prejudices
Your friendsYour wife/husband
Your booksYour BD
Your musicYour instrument
Good restaurantsGood mushroom places
Your doubtsYour certainties
* Other than with your partner

Armed with this list you can now proceed with the delicate task of teaching your children (or parents) the difference between privacy and openness or between ownership and generosity.  As we increasingly move into the sharing economy and society maybe these concepts need to be revised.  In fact rather than ownership possibly the concept of the future is responsibility?

Contributions and corrections to the above list will be given 0.5 points per item.


1 comment:

  1. Share food, just not the one in your plate, unless it’s just a bite exchange a.

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...