Wednesday 13 June 2018

Day 71: Privilege

As you may have noticed I like to rail against privileges in my blog. Today I found out that railing against privilege comes with a cost: Fianna told me she will be losing her Green Plates, on her car (not a strange coloured crockery set), which has allowed her to avoid paying parking tickets in Paris.  I must say that although I fear we will suffer dire financial consequences from this decision, I can only applaud the principle.  How can diplomatic immunity for parking tickets be justified?  Why should you be exempt from normal laws just because you happen to be working for a foreign government? I'm not sure diplomatic immunity still has a place in the modern world. 

In my quest for equality of opportunity and the eradication of all privileges, I think we can add the abolition of diplomatic immunity (sorry darling). If we really want to give out privileges I would suggest some better candidates:

  • The unemployed could get Green Plates : They need to be able to get to job interviews quickly without stress
  • and Immigrants could receive diplomatic passports to help them get through customs

I'm sure there are other privileges to track down but its too late for me tonight.  (3 points to contributors on this subject)

Tonight's Dinner (I'm fasting tomorrow instead of today):

  • Verre  de whisky Aran 
  • Salade verte
  • Fish & chips
  • Chablis
  • CarrĂ© de chocolat noir 85%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...