Wednesday 30 January 2019

Day 301: Lost

Calories Today: 592

So Donald Trump lost the shutdown.  Its looking good for my bet, even if 2 years is a very long time in politics.  If you are an idiot you will make idiotic, self harming decisions and after a while people will notice.  I believe that Trump can only go downhill he is incapable of managing to rise up from defeat.  Still its a shame that people think in terms of winning or losing.  The shutdown is a loss for everyone and I was disappointed to hear journalists, on one of the liberal podcasts I listen to in the morning, talking about not letting the other side win.  I'm not saying that the Democrats were wrong in their tactics and the way they held out, I just think we should be clear that it was about standing up for certain issues rather then just winning against Trump.  One of the most important things to remember about negotiations is that is should never be about winning.  You negotiate to get a deal which should bring benefits to both parties.  Ego only gets in the way as it has nothing to do with the issues you may be negotiating.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...