Thursday 11 October 2018

Day 190: Xmas Travel

Dinner Menu:

  • "Daddy's pasta dish"
  • Salade verte
  • Eau pétillante (maison)
It's that time of the year where we have to start planning for Xmas.  Probably the only time in the year my family (excluding my wife) manages to plan ahead for something.  This year Samantha has kindly agreed to host us again in and around her village in the south west of France.  In previous years this would have entailed an 8-9 hour drive from Paris costing around 150€.  Now thanks to Fianna's Electric car it will take half the time.  As the Electric car is not practical for long trips we will take a TGV to Bordeaux (2hrs) and rent a car (1h30mins).  True this will probably cost more but think of the environmental and economic benefits.  A train journey saves a lot on CO2 emissions plus I will need to keep myself busy with a book or a film both of which are non polluting economic activities.  Everybody wins!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 (bis) : End!

Well this is it.  After 365 days my blog is finally coming to an end.  I know there have been ups and downs, good and bad, controversial an...